The First Baptist Nashville Youth Choir is a dynamic ministry open to all students in grades 7-12.
Our Youth Choir provides ministry and fellowship opportunities designed to glorify and praise God through the use of music in our worship services, as well as ministering in prisons, nursing homes, hospitals, and soup kitchens.
Our annual Youth Choir Mission Tour has afforded our students many life-changing adventures to places including New York City, San Diego, Chicago, New Orleans, Washington, D.C., Texas, West Virginia, the Kentucky mountains, and the Carolinas. Students are not required to be members of First Baptist Nashville in order to participate.
Rehearsals are held at 5 p.m. Sunday. We also enjoy a time of fun and fellowship, complete with a complimentary Snack Supper, immediately following rehearsal.
2013 Important Youth Choir Dates
- June 21-30: Youth Choir Mission Tour 2013 – New York City
- July 7: Youth Choir Mission Tour Reflections Service
- Sept. 8: Youth Choir 2013-2014 Season Opening
The Chapel Ringers ensemble is for students in grades 7-12 with varying degrees of music excellence. This ensemble, led by Philip Owens, offers youth a fun and innovative opportunity to learn and grow as an ensemble musician along with their peers. Music selections vary from modern praise songs to hymn classics and an occasional pop hit!
Rehearsals are at 4 p.m. Sunday in the Handbell Room.
- Director: Joe A. Fitzpatrick, Worship and Music Pastor
- Minister to Students: Brandon Owen
- Music Assistant: Laurie Hall
- Accompanist: Lauryn Moody
- Chapel Ringers Director: Philip Owens
- Youth Choir Sponsors: Gwenn Fitzpatrick, Lauryn Moody, Barry and Susie Roberson, Jason and Elizabeth Rogers, and Rob and Liz Waggener
- Youth Music Leadership Team: Stephen Aber, Laurie Hall, Philip and Susan Owens, and Patrick Watts
- Snack Supper Coordinator: Susie Roberson