Why join a church?
Church membership is an important commitment because it is a tangible expression of a life that is committed to Jesus Christ. Church membership has its theological base clearly set forth in the New Testament. There is no evidence of anyone becoming a follower of Jesus Christ without being committed to the fellowship of a local church with other like-hearted individuals for the spread of the gospel.
Church membership provides a place for service and ministry, gives opportunity for the disciplines of accountability to be properly expressed, and allows the discernment of the body of Christ to take place as the church lives out her mission and ministry in a community.
We would like to invite you to consider making First Baptist Nashville your church home.
How do I join?
There are several ways a person may join First Baptist Nashville:
- By profession of faith and baptism.
- By baptism (if you are coming from a church that does not teach the same thing we believe the Bible teaches about baptism).
- By transferring your membership from another Baptist church.
- By statement of your experience in Christ (if you have made a profession of faith and been baptized in a church that believes and teaches what we believe and teach about baptism).
- By watchcare while you are a temporary resident of our area.
If you are a temporary resident of our area (a college student or here on a short-term basis for work or other reasons), we would encourage you to unite with us as a “watchcare” member. This is a beautiful term that is used to describe the relationship and the commitment we make to “watch and care” for those who are members of a church that is temporarily too far away for them to attend.
Regardless of your church background, we invite you to speak to a minister about your decision so we may answer questions you might have regarding membership. The most important thing to us is that you have every opportunity to grow as a disciple of Jesus Christ. We believe that church membership is an important element in this growth process.