Meet the First Baptist Nashville Staff
Dr. Frank R. LewisSenior Pastor 615.664.6010 email@example.com
- Education: Samford University, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary
- Experience: Founding Pastor of Green Valley Baptist Church, Henderson, Nevada, Preaching and Worship Consultant –The Baptist Sunday School Board
- Family: I’m married to Lori, proud father of Lauren and Gregory.
- The Scripture that is speaking to me most right now is… “The LORD himself will fight for you. You won’t have to lift a finger in your defense!” Exodus 14:14 (New Living Translation)
- My favorite restaurant in Nashville is… the Cheesecake Factory – can’t beat the variety!
- My favorite vacation destination is… any place where there are mountains, lakes, and a place to ride a bicycle.
Amanda PoffSenior Pastor's Assistant 615.664.6010 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Music Business from Trevecca Nazarene University (2006)
- Family: My husband, Benjamin and I have a beautiful little girl named Evelyn. We love living in Nashville!
- The First Baptist Nashville event that I look forward to every year is... The Service of Remembrance & Hope. This is a special service I assist with at the Christmas season that honors the memories of those who have passed away.
- When I need to grab lunch downtown, I go to... The Farmer’s Market. There are lots of things to choose from and B&C BBQ is my favorite! I also love Chuy’s fish tacos!
Tom CrowExecutive Pastor 615.664.6001 email@example.com
- Education: Oral Roberts University; graduated from Cameron University in OK, Business Administration; Military Schooling, US Army; Chaplaincy support; Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, TX; Master in Christian Education/Adult & Administration concentrations
- Experience: Harvard Avenue Baptist Church, Tulsa, OK; First Baptist Church, Lawton, OK; University Baptist Church, Fort Worth, TX; Minister of Education/Outreach, Sandia Baptist Church, Albuquerque, NM; Minister of Education/Administration, Gambrell Street Baptist Church, Fort Worth, TX; Executive Pastor, First Baptist Church, Charlotte, NC
- Family: My wife’s name is Jackie and we have two children, Philip Crow and Carrie Crow Thiele (husband is Jonathan).
- The Scripture that is speaking to me most right now is ... “I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me,” Galatians 2.20.
- My favorite restaurant in Nashville is ... Sopapilla’s.
- My favorite vacation destination is ... Colorado or anywhere in Rocky Mountains.
Lori TownsExecutive Pastor's Adminstrative Assistant 615.664.6001 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: Master of Art in Communication, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Family: Parents: Bill & Arline Towns, both now residing in Tennessee, Brother: John, passed away June 2009, my cat, Bo, and a very large “adopted” family including 5 nephews and 2 nieces
- My favorite part about my job is … the camaraderie and ministry that takes place among staff and seeing God at work here in lives of my church family and those that are just here for a moment or two and need the help of the Church.
- When I need to grab lunch downtown, I go to … Taco Mamacita, Moe’s, Chuy’s (I sense a theme…)
Jennifer PercyDirector of Communications 615.664.6006 email@example.com
- Education: Bachelor’s of Arts in Communication from Carson Newman College (2009)
- Family: My husband, Paul Percy, and I married on June 6, 2014. We live in Hermitage and have a lab/husky mix named Lucy and a tuxedo kitten named Prim. They're best friends. My mom and dad live in Donelson, TN, and I have three younger siblings (Josh, Jon and Jordan).
- My favorite part about my job is … being able to work in Adobe Suite every day while helping to impact the lives of others.
- The First Baptist Nashville event that I look forward to every year is … Vacation Bible School. As stressful as it can be at times, I truly love seeing First Baptist come together to minister to Nashville’s children.
- When I need to grab lunch downtown, I go to … Jason’s Deli (chicken salad and tomato basil soup) or Chuy’s (chicken soft tacos).
Joe FitzpatrickWorship & Music Pastor 615.664.6031 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: Master of Church Music Conducting and Voice, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas; Bachelor of Music Education Trumpet and Voice, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Experience: Park Hill Baptist Church, North Little Rock, Arkansas: Worship Pastor (1989-2009); Mandarin Baptist Church, Jacksonville, Florida: Minister of Music (1985-1989); Travis Avenue Baptist Church, Fort Worth, Texas: Music Intern (1983-1984); First Baptist Church, Yale, Oklahoma: Minister of Music (1976-1982).
- Family: I am married to Gwenn Robertson Fitzpatrick and I have two children; Robert Sean and Melodie Marie.
- The Scripture that is speaking to me most right now is ... Zephaniah 3:17 – “The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”
- My favorite restaurant in Nashville is ... The Cheesecake Factory and Germantown Café.
- My favorite vacation destination is ... the beach! Our family loves it.
Jason CoxWorship & Music Associate email@example.com
- Education: Bachelor Of Music from Belmont University with an emphasis in Commercial Vocal Performance
- Experience: Worship Leader and Artist in Residence at Providence Church, Knoxville TN, Brentwood Baptist Church, Brentwood TN, FBC Morristown, Morristown TN, and Christ Presbyterian, Nashville TN. Staff Writer at Daywind Music Publishing.
- Family: My wife's name is Lena and we had our first child, Kennedy Lane Cox, in August.
- The Scripture that is speaking to me right now … Isaiah 6:8
- My favorite restaurant in Nashville is … Anything BBQ or Mexican!
- My favorite vacation destination is ... Maui, HI
Laurie HallMusic Assistant 615.664.6030 firstname.lastname@example.org
Gwenn FitzpatrickInterim Children's Choir Coordinator
Wesley LankfordTechnical Director
Russell DavisWorship & Music Associate/Church Organist email@example.com
Connie PowellMusic Secretary 615.664.6033 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: BS in Elementary Education/Minor in Library Science from Austin Peay State University (1975)
- Experience: I retired from LifeWay in March of 2013 after 33 years in the Music Department as a literary assistant editor. I still work contract for them.
- Family: I’m a PK, married to Billy Powell whom I met while supplying as pianist at Bluegrass Baptist Church in 1987. We married in August of 1988, and had our son, Will, in July of 1992. My sister, Amy (Jerry) Freeny is a member of this church; another sister, Dianne (Mike) Dyce lives in Donelson; and a brother Howard (Barbara) Scudder lives in Clarksville. My dad lives at Sycamores Terraces Assisted Living in Nashville. We also are caring for my dad’s sister, Frances Pitt, who also lives in Nashville.
- My favorite part about my job is … the variety of things I get to do. Never a dull moment!
- The First Baptist Nashville event that I look forward to every year is … the month of December!
- When I need to grab lunch downtown, I go to … The City Café on West End. Great sandwiches!
Rus RoachMinister of Senior Adults & Pastoral Care 615.664.6021 email@example.com
- Education: Graduate of Baylor University and Southwestern Seminary
- Experience: I’ve been the pastor of four churches in Texas and have had two other central responsibilities at First Baptist before becoming Minister of Pastoral Care.
- Family: My wife’s name is Debbie and we have three adult daughters, two sons-in-law, and three grandchildren.
- The Scripture that is speaking to me most right now is ... the gospel of John. It’s new and fresh as my Bible study class is going through the book word by word and verse by verse. My study (without commentary usually) is challenging me to express my faith, beliefs, experiences not someone else’s.
- My favorite restaurant in Nashville is ... Fiesta Mexicana.
- My favorite vacation destination is ... Destin, Florida.
Alyssa GoinsFront Desk Receptionist & Pastoral Care Assistant 615.664.6000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam StockettReceptionist & Pastoral Care Assistant 615.664.6000 email@example.com
Brandon OwenMinister to Young Adults & Missions 615.664.6024 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: Masters of Education from Belmont University; currently pursuing Masters of Divinity from Central Baptist Theological Seminary
- Experience: I’ve been a faculty member Brentwood Academy as a 12th grade Bible and teacher/Basketball coach
- Family: I’ve been married to Lesley Ann for 9 years and we have three boys: Howell , Elliott and Louis.
- The Scripture that is speaking to me most right now is ... Mark 10:35-45.
- My favorite restaurant in Nashville is ... Baja Burrito.
- My favorite vacation destination is ... Gulf Shores, Alabama.
Tim WildsmithMinister to Students 615.664.6051 email@example.com
- Education: BBA in Music Business from Belmont University
- Experience: I've been working for over ten years in worship and youth ministry, holding staff positions at Brookside Church and Core Community Church (both in Omaha, Nebraska). I got my start in ministry as a youth intern at First Baptist Nashville in 2002.
- Family: My wife Becca is a graphic designer and creative director at a record label in Nashville. We live in Lenox Village.
- My favorite passage of Scripture is ... Philippians 4:6-7.
- My favorite restaurant in Nashville is ... Loveless Cafe ... biscuits, y'all!!!
- My favorite vacation destination is ... New York, NY.
Shannon MeadorsMinister to Children 615.664.6019 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education in 1996 from Southwest Baptist University in Bolivar, Missouri; Masters degree in Christian Education in 2003 from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas
- Experience: I’ve been the Minister to Children at First Baptist Nashville since December 1, 2009. Previously, I served on staff at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, Texas and Springfield Baptist Church in Springfield, Tennessee.
- Family: My husband, Kyle, and I are the parents of two young children – Jacob and Ava Lauren.
- The Scripture that is speaking to me most right now is ... Isaiah 43:19, “Look, I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. Do you not see it?”
- My favorite restaurant in Nashville is ... Firefly Grille.
- My favorite vacation destination is ... Culebra, Puerto Rico.
Mary BunnChildren's Ministry Assistant 615.664.6023 email@example.com
- Education: Liberty University, B.S. in Nursing (1991)
- Family: Married to Bob and have three wonderful children, Bobby, Caleb, and Lora.
- My favorite part about my job is … working with Shannon Meadors to teach our children and watch them grow in their knowledge of Christ.
- The First Baptist Nashville event that I look forward to every year is … all the Advent Services.
- When I need to grab lunch downtown, I go to … Qdoba.
Sandra GentryDirector of the Child Development Center 615.664.6040 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in English and Secondary Education from Middle Tennessee State University
- Family: I am married to Tim, a pharmacist, and we have two adult daughters, Marissa and Molly; a son-in-law, Jeremy Moore; and two amazing grandchildren, Gentry Claire and Jackson.
- My favorite part of my job is ... watching children mature as they grow from infancy to the time they enter Kindergarten; it amazes me! I also love being able to have interactions each day with today’s young parents. My job is really fun for me.
- My favorite First Baptist Nashville event is ... of course, the CDC Pancake Breakfast! It’s always in October, so mark your calendars!
- When I need to grab lunch downtown ... I’ll have chicken salad from Jason’s Deli.
Allen AdcoxBusiness Administrator 615.664.6014 email@example.com
Myra MathisBusiness Assistant 615.664.6004 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary GarrottFinance Assistant 615.664.6005 email@example.com
- Education: Associate Business Degree, Business University (now a part of Western Kentucky University), Bowling Green, KY
- Family: I've been married to my husband, Don, for 48 years. We have two sons, Tim and Ben. Tim is married to Kim and they are the parents of our grandson Alex. Ben is married to Amy and they are the parents of our grandson Tyler and granddaughter Shelby.
- My favorite part of my job is ... helping members with questions regarding their contributions and the detail portion of keeping financial records.
- The First Baptist Nashville event that I look forward to every year is ... Carol Candlelight Celebration.
- When I need to grab lunch downtown, I go to ... Jason’s Deli (Pollo Mexican Potato) or Panera Bread (Frontega Chicken Panini).
Angie PooreDirector of Food Services 615.664.6060 firstname.lastname@example.org
Violena WilksCook 615.664.6060
Jackie GarciaCook 615.664.6060
Nathan GreenCustodian 615.664.6000
Israel GarciaCustodian 615.664.6000
Michael ValentineCustodian 615.664.6000
Sarah GallowayMinistry Assistant to Students 615.664.6050 email@example.com
- Education: Bachelor’s of Science in Family & Consumer Sciences from the University of Georgia (1995)
- Family: My husband, John, and I have three boys, James, Will, and Chandler. I have attended First Baptist Nashville since I was a toddler!
- When I need to grab lunch downtown, I go to SATCO or Subway.
- My favorite part about my job is getting to plan fun events and spend time with some very awesome students!
- The First Baptist Nashville event that I look forward to every year is Christmas—from the Parade to Carol Candlelight!
Ruben Herrera-RodriquezCustodian 615.664.6000